Most men do not pay close attention to their wellbeing until they feel like it's taking a toll on their way of living. It is only after years of neglecting symptoms when they realize that they may be developing some deficiencies. Even then, men see deteriorating health as some sort of hindrance instead of a warning sign from their bodies.
If you’re someone who relates to this and have recently started considering multivitamins as a way to make up for the deficiencies created in your body then you’re in the right place. But if you’re sceptical about it and are wondering, “Do multivitamins work for deficiencies?”, read on to find out how they can help you.
While the first step to getting enough nutrients is via a balanced diet and consuming foods fortified with the necessary vitamins, some people may still feel their overall health and energy levels depleting. This can be a sign that something is affecting how your body absorbs nutrients. This may keep you from achieving a healthier version of yourself as besides diet, various factors can cause deficiencies in your body that can be completely out of your control.
When such unprecedented and uncontrollable things influence your well-being, vitamin and mineral supplements are recommended to help your body meet and absorb the necessary nutrient intake. Listed below are some of the common reasons why one may develop certain deficiencies.
- Ageing is a natural process that one shouldn’t fear but when it approaches, you should also gear up and not let it take away your vigour. Older men are at a higher risk than youngsters when it comes to proper nutrient absorption via food. Vitamin B12 is one such vitamin that is especially difficult for men over 50 to absorb.
- Diseases like celiac, ulcerative colitis, or cystic fibrosis can also cause malabsorption conditions, messing with your digestion process. Cystic fibrosis affects men a bit differently as compared to women as it may lead to pancreatic insufficiency, which in turn causes a scarcity of enzymes necessary for the intestines to digest food well.
- When someone has surgeries like gastric bypass or anything involving the digestive organs, it can possess a risk of poor nutrient absorption. A lot of the time, deficiencies are mainly caused when your digestive system isn’t able to absorb necessary minerals and vitamins as it ideally should.
- If you’re on prescribed medication for some particular condition, it can also reduce the absorption of particular vitamins and minerals. In such cases, doctors recommend the necessary supplements to meet your nutrient needs.
- Sometimes weather conditions that don’t allow direct absorption of vitamin D from sunlight can also cause a deficiency. Along with inefficient sunlight, people with more melanin in their skin absorb less of this vitamin as compared to lighter skin tones.
- Vitamin and mineral deficiencies are serious issues as they can lead to various health issues. For example, scurvy is caused due to a lack of vitamin C, rickets due to vitamin D deficiency and anaemia due to an iron deficiency.
- Other lifestyle habits that can seem tough to change, like alcohol addiction, can also hinder the absorption of nutrients like several B-group vitamins and vitamin C.
As there are various reasons why some nutrients cannot be absorbed from diet, you can always include a multivitamin tablet that works to fulfil those needs. If you simply want to tackle the prolonged fatigue caused by a hectic lifestyle and inadequate diet, multivitamins do work and you should choose one that ticks all the right boxes.
Health OK is one such multivitamin tablet that contains the powerful duo of natural ginseng and taurine power along with other important vitamins and minerals to give you 24 hours of active energy.
However, if you feel your deficiency has become worse, it is always wise to talk to your doctor about it. Deficiencies shouldn’t be taken lightly as lack of certain vitamins and minerals can make the body susceptible to various diseases. Take your life in control and with the right energy levels, you won’t fall back in the race of life.